Stories of the Land You Love
When you share your love for the land you live on, or share your stories of the land of your childhood, something happens…
…Those who hear your story remember what they love about the land they live on. They remember precious times on Country when they were children.
And when we remember what deeply matters to us, we’re willing to take action to restore and protect it.
That’s why we’re asking you if you’ll share your stories of the land with us.
Will you make a 3 to 5 minute video or audio snippet to tell your story?
Learn how to submit your story below.
Here’s Lauren sharing one of her stories to inspire you.
The video and audio files you create will be shared with the Carbon Positive network of practical changemakers to spread love and appreciation for the land we live on, and inspire others to take action to restore Country, climate and community. Thank you for wanting to participate in this project to share our love for the land.
What you need to do
- Record a 3 to 5 minute video or audio clip.
- Acknowledge the Country you’re on at the start of your video / audio. For example: “Hi I’m Jeff, and I’m on Kabi Kabi Country on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland’.
- Tell us a story about the land you love – it could be the land you live on now, the land you lived on as a child, somewhere you travelled to in Australia that had a lasting impact. Here are some prompts to get you started (pick one or two):
- When you think of the phrase ‘the land you love’, what springs to mind and why?
- What memories do you have of the land from your childhood?
- What does the land you live / work on mean to you?
- How do you spend time with the land or in Nature?
- Why does restoring the land matter to you?
- What do you love about the land you’re talking about, what does it give to you?
- If you’re making a video, please film in landscape orientation, preferably outside on the land you’re speaking about.
- If you’re making video or audio, and it’s particularly noisy where you are, please use a headset.
- If possible, when making your video, either get someone else to film you or use a tripod.
Please complete our media permission form before sending your audio / video file to us.
It’s important that a permission form is completed and signed by the parent / guardian of anyone under 18 who appears in your video. These forms can be found linked in the media permissions form above.