Now that you understand a bit more about carbon reduction and offsetting, it’s time to make a plan to make your business more sustainable. And the first step is to calculate your carbon footprint. Lucky for you, carbon calculators are our jam at Carbon Positive Australia – and we’ve got two tools designed to make calculating your carbon footprint a snap.
Benefits of calculating your carbon footprint
If you’re keen to make your business more sustainable, the first step is understanding where you’re at. After all, it’s impossible to set clear goals without getting your head around the current state of play.
Calculating your business carbon footprint gives you:
• Clarity – get an understanding of emissions production across the business so you can make an achievable plan for reduction
• Data – armed with facts and figures, you’ll make a convincing case to less enthusiastic team members
• Focus – clear, evidence-based targets make it easier to prioritise effective changes that will go the distance
Calculate your business carbon footprint in two ways
Quick business carbon calculator
With this tool, you can estimate the extent of your carbon footprint based on Australian averages—and make a payment to offset it right on our website! It’s perfect for small businesses that are just dipping a toe into carbon reduction.
Get started with the quick business carbon calculator now
Comprehensive business carbon calculator
If you’re keen to get an accurate carbon footprint across all areas of your business – so that you can create a strategic sustainability plan – this is the way to do it.
Our comprehensive business carbon calculator covers all sorts of emissions, including:
• Energy use
• Air travel
• Fleet vehicles
• Land travel
• Food and drink
When you request access to our comprehensive carbon calculator, we’ll ask you to fill out a quick form and choose a time to chat with one of our team members. Once that’s done, we’ll send the carbon calculator straight over.
We’re here to make calculating (and offsetting) your carbon as easy as possible. We know you’re busy and the prospect of finding some of the information the calculator needs can be daunting. When you request access to our comprehensive carbon calculator, we’ll ask you to fill out a quick form and choose a time to chat with one of our team members. Once that’s done we can assess your needs and how we can help you.
I’ve used the calculator – now what?
Once you’ve calculate your carbon footprint, it’s time to develop strategies to reduce your emissions. To avoid overwhelm, we recommend taking it one step at a time. Based on what you’ve learned about your organisation, you might choose a few priority areas for emissions reduction, like fleet vehicles or staff travel.
Check out these examples of carbon offsetting in action:
• Shire of Harvey offset their fleet vehicle emissions and contributed to tree planting and restoration projects—which sequester carbon and contribute to biodiversity in their own backyard.
• Zulu & Zephyr offset the transit costs associated with particular seasonal collections and contributed to land restoration projects in the Nightcap National Park—creating much-needed habitat and supporting biodiversity.
• Greenstone Drinks (SIMPLE) supports Carbon Positive Australia through their 1% for the Planet membership—supporting native tree planting projects on degraded land across Australia.
The bottom line
Your company – no matter how big or small – has an important role to play in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and addressing climate change. And at Carbon Positive Australia, we’re here to help you do it in a way that aligns with your values.